Knowing how long to store meats, cheeses, vegetables, fruits, milk, lunchmeat and other foods in your refrigerator can be confusing. This printable refrigerator food storage chart will help you determine how long you can safely keep different types of food in your fridge. To quick reference this food safety chart, you can print it and place it on your fridge, screenshot it and add to your phone or tablet, or bookmark this page for future use!
Have you ever stood in front of your fridge with the door open wondering if you deli meat was still good enough to use? Or have you been to Costco or Sam's Club and wondered if the bulk food you can buy will actually last in your refrigerator long enough for you to actually eat it? I have to be honest, I am terrified of eating something that may have "gone bad." I am also guilty of overbuying at the grocery, then having to throw things out. So, I thought maybe if this is something that I need, you may need it too...a refrigerator food storage chart! This chart details how long different types of food can be safely kept in your refrigerator before you should eat them, toss them or even freeze them. To print or download my Printable Refrigerator Food Storage Safety Chart CLICK HERE! I also put together a Printable Freezer Storage Chart that you can find HERE.
Free Printable Charts and Checklists
I love sharing printables and charts that help make life a little easier...check out my other printables that you can easily print from home, have printed in store, download to your phone or tablet or simply bookmark for future reference!
- Printable Freezer Storage Chart
- Printable Cleaning Checklist for Daily, Weekly and Monthly Cleaning
- How to Cut a Recipe in Half - Printable Kitchen Conversion Chart
- Printable Labels for Homemade Cleaners
- Printable Meat Temperature Safety Chart
- Printable Instant Pot Cooking Times Chart
- Printable Air Fryer Cooking Times Chart
How Long Do Eggs Last?
Fresh eggs in the shell should last from 3-5 weeks in the refrigerator, but once an egg is out of the shell or cooked, the times vary anywhere from two days to a week. Some egg substitutes may last a little longer.
How Long Will Raw Chicken Last in the Fridge?
According to the USDA, you should only keep raw chicken in your refrigerator for 1-2 days. This also hold true for raw turkey and other poultry. While raw chicken doesn't last long in the fridge, cooked chicken can be kept in your fridge for 3-4 days.
How Long Does Deli Meat Last?
Once opened, deli or lunch meat like turkey, ham and other packaged meats will last for up to 5 days. If the deli meat hasn't been opened, it should be good up until the expiration date on the package.
How Long Does Ground Beef Last in the Fridge?
Raw ground beef should only be refrigerated for 1-2 days. Once cooked, beef will still be good for 3-4 days.
How to Tell if Ground Beef is Bad
Ground beef is one of those things that goes bad pretty quickly. Fresh or thawed ground beef should be used within 1-2 days. There are a few ways to check your beef to make sure it is "good" before using.
- Ground beef should be reddish pink in color. The inside of the beef may be a darker more brown/grey color, which doesn't necessarily indicate spoilage. Once the outside of the beef turns a darker brown or grey color, it could indicate that the beef is starting to rot.
- Ground beef should be firm in texture. Ground beef that is slimy should be tossed.
- Do the sniff test! Ground beef should have very little smell. Once it starts to spoil, it will have a rancid, tangy odor and should be discarded.
- Check the sell by date! Ground beef should be purchased and used within two days of the "sell by" date.
How Long Do Hot Dogs Last?
Unopened packages of hot dogs can last up to 2 weeks, but should be eaten within 7 days once opened.
How Long Does Milk Last?
Milk that has been opened should be by its expiration date, but can sometimes be stretched 2-4 more days, while milk that hasn't been opened can last up to 5 days after its expiration date. Nut milks like almond milk, coconut milk and oat milk usually last much longer than cow's milk.
How Long Does Cheese Last?
Some cheeses last longer than others. Hard cheeses last 3-4 weeks, while softer cheeses only last 1-2 weeks.
I hope that this guide can help you and your family determine how long to keep foods in your refrigerator to ensure they are safe and more fresh to eat!