When it's cold outside, there is nothing better than a nice bowl of chili. It's one of our family's favorite meals, but we like our chili pretty basic...no big chunks of tomatoes, no peppers, just chili...that the kiddos will actually eat! So today I thought I would share my husband's Easy Chili Recipe. Some of you may say...well duh, Jessica...anyone can make that, and that's true! That's why I want to share it! Just in case there may be someone out there somewhere that just doesn't know how easy it can be!Print
- 1 lb. of lean ground beef
- 1 large can of tomato sauce
- 1 small can of kidney beans
- 2 tbsp of chili powder
- 1 package of McCormick's Original Chili Seasoning
- ½ cup of chopped onion
- In large stock pot, brown the ground beef. When it is close to being finished, add the onions and cook until the beef is browned and the onions are translucent. If you use lean ground beef, there is no need to drain. (If you use a fattier ground beef, it's a good idea to drain the grease) Add in the chili seasoning and chili powder and stir well. Next add the remaining ingredients. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Serve while hot! You can add cheese, crackers, chopped onion, or even some sour cream to give it an extra kick!
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Soup / Stew / Chili
I love that we can make the chili in one big pot instead of dirtying up a bunch of pans. For some odd reason, I used to brown the ground beef in a separate pan. Anyhoo...see how the onions are turning clear? That gives the chili a little extra flavor, but makes the onions undetectable to the kiddos...sneaky, sneaky!
Do you have a favorite chili recipe? What would you do differently?
Let me know by commenting below!